Community Action Grants: Funding Opportunities for Education and Equity
Community Action Grants: Are you passionate about promoting education and equity for women and girls? AAUW (American Association of University Women) is offering Community Action Grants to individuals, AAUW branches, AAUW state organizations, and community-based nonprofits. These grants provide funding for general operating support and innovative projects that empower women and girls.
- Amount: $3,000-$10,000
- Application Opens: August 1, every year
- Deadline: November 15, every year
Applicants must be individuals, AAUW branches, AAUW state organizations, or local community-based nonprofit organizations that promote education and equity for women and girls. Nonprofit organizations and universities must be based in the United States or its territories and have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
Types of Support
There are two types of support available:
- Project Support: Open to nonprofit organizations, universities, AAUW branches or state organizations, and individuals.
- General Operating Support: Open to nonprofit organizations.
The application process consists of the following steps:
- August 1, 2023: Application opens
- November 15, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time: Deadline for online submission of application and supporting documents
- April 15, 2024: Notification of decisions emailed to applicants
- July 1, 2024–June 30, 2025: Grant year
Please note that when a date falls on a weekend or holiday, the date will be observed on the following business day.
Previous Community Action Grant awardees must wait three application cycles before applying for another grant and may not apply for duplicate funding. Members of the AAUW Board of Directors, committees, panels, task forces, and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants. However, a person holding a current award is eligible for election or appointment to boards, committees, panels, and task forces.
For more information and to apply, visit the AAUW website.