Funds for Trinidad and Tobago NGOs-United Way of Trinidad: Making a Difference in the Community. The United Way of Trinidad is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families in the local community. With a focus on education, health, and financial stability, the United Way works tirelessly to address the most pressing issues facing the people of Trinidad.
One of the main goals of the United Way is to ensure that every child receives a quality education. Through various programs and initiatives, they provide resources and support to schools and educators, helping to create a positive learning environment for students. By investing in education, the United Way is investing in the future of Trinidad.
In addition to education, the United Way is also committed to improving the health and well-being of individuals in the community. They partner with local healthcare organizations to provide access to affordable healthcare services and promote healthy lifestyles. From organizing health fairs to offering wellness programs, the United Way is making a real difference in the lives of many.
Financial stability is another key area of focus for the United Way. They offer financial literacy programs and support services to help individuals and families achieve economic independence. By providing resources and guidance, the United Way is helping to break the cycle of poverty and create a more financially secure community.
The United Way of Trinidad relies heavily on the support of volunteers and donors. Whether it’s donating money, time, or skills, every contribution makes a difference. By working together, we can create a stronger and more vibrant community for all.
The United Way of Trinidad & Tobago invites organizations registered with UWTT to submit applications for the 2023/24 grant funding cycle. Applications should be returned via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Friday 13th October 2023 at 4:00pm. Click the link below to apply.
The United Way of Trinidad and Tobago (UWTT) Community Fund Grants 2023/24 Applications up to TTD $50,000.00
UWTT is inviting registered Not for Profit (NPO) partners to submit an application for a 2023 Grant Award.
Careful consideration will be given to the relevance of the project, problem identification, proposed solutions and intended results at the end of the project/programme. Priority areas of focus include:
• Education (with an emphasis on foundational skills building for 3-8 years old),
• Health and wellbeing (preventive health, mental wellness, physical activity for primary school children) and
• Equity (targeted programmes for vulnerable and low-income groups including research, training,or direct services delivery)
Given the current uncertain economic environment, we are only able to consider applications for project based activity that will begin and end during January to December 2024, in Trinidad and Tobago.
An overhead fee of up to 15% of budget will be allowed to cover all administrative expenses including
salaries, administrative costs, professional fees, rent, utilities. The 15% is included in the maximum grant limit.
Not eligible for funding
In this funding cycle, UWTT will not support the following:
• Construction projects
• Travel costs or scholarships to support educational opportunities or study for individuals
• Projects that are inherently political in nature or that contain the appearance of
partisanship/support to an individual or single party in electoral campaigns
• Activities that are in support of political parties
• Sponsorship for an event or Cash prizes for a competition
• Direct funding of religious organisations or private schools
• An invitation to submit an application does not guarantee funding of your application. Successful grant applicants will be granted a maximum of TT$ 50,000.00 for their project. However, the acceptance of a project for funding does not automatically qualify for the full sum of grant funding requested and will be considered on its merit as well as relative to total number of grants submitted.
• Each application will require as supporting documents to the Grant Application:
o Submission of the most recent audited financial statements (2019 being the oldest
statement to be considered)
o Independently reviewed management accounts will be accepted for CSOs whose
revenue is equal or less than $500,000
o Up to date Annual Return (2020 being the oldest return to be considered)
o All documents will be required for the application to be considered complete
Deadline for submission of application is October 13, 2023 to be submitted to email@example.com.
To Applyclick here