The Public Diplomacy Section of the Embassy of the United States of America to the Republic of Cyprus is offering a funding opportunity through the Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program. The program aims to support the strengthening of ties and advancing relations between the U.S. and Cyprus.
The program invites proposals that focus on priority areas which highlight shared values and promote bilateral cooperation. These priority program areas include:
- Bicommunal engagement activities: Projects that promote interaction between Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot youth and young professionals, fostering ties, tolerance, understanding, and friendship.
- Countering disinformation, enhancing media literacy, supporting excellence in journalism: Projects that support investigative journalism, strengthen media and civil society’s ability to counter misinformation and disinformation.
- Support economic diversification efforts: Projects that enhance business and entrepreneurial skills using U.S. models, create new U.S.-Cyprus partnerships and opportunities for start-up companies, support social impact investment, and empower women and young entrepreneurs.
- Support of global governance, social inclusion, and human rights: Projects that fortify diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility efforts, democratic processes, address transnational issues such as climate change, support human rights, migrants, and anti-trafficking projects, and promote and safeguard equal rights and opportunities for LGBTQI individuals, people with disabilities, ethnic and religious communities, and racial minorities.
- Cultural exchanges: Projects that promote the exchange of culture between the United States and Cyprus.
The maximum award for each project is $20,000. The deadline for applications is January 26, 2024. Applicants are required to carefully follow all instructions outlined in the Annual Program Statement.
This funding opportunity presents a valuable chance for individuals and organizations to contribute to the strengthening of ties and advancing relations between the U.S. and Cyprus in various priority areas. By supporting projects that foster understanding, cooperation, and cultural exchange, the program aims to enhance bilateral relations and promote shared values