Applications are invited for South Asia Youth Water Challenge Grants 2023 – Brandix Apparel Limited, GWP SAS, and Youth and Young Water Professionals (YYPP), South Asia are launching the “South Asia Youth Water Challenge 2023” to provide opportunities and empower the younger generation to create meaningful impact and change while contributing to the sustainable development goals.
The winning proposal will receive a grant of up to USD 2,500 for project implementation with the support of Brandix Apparel Ltd., GWP SAS, and YYPP.
South Asia Youth Water Challenge Grants 2023 – The challenge: With the current rate of progress towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 6, it is evident that the nationals are not on track to meet the global target and there is a need to accelerate progress through tangible actions. Against this backdrop and aligned with World Water Day 2023, we organised the “South Asia Youth Water Challenge 2023” to invite youth to submit proposals for projects that would contribute to addressing the following thematic areas of inter-related issues around water:
- Increased freshwater availability (including water quality) through circular management of wastewater and using non-conventional water sources
- Access to safe drinking water
- Deliver sustainable Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services in schools and among communities,
- Build farmer resilience to climate change and water risks by using climate-smart interventions and biotechnology,
- Water for the environment and biodiversity
- Overcoming information and data barriers to develop digital solutions through big-data
Valuing water, water-energy-food nexus and sustainable economic and urban development
- Team members must be a national residing in South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)
Fluency in written and oral communication in English
- Each team member must be a youth with age between 18-35 years old
- Teams must register as groups of 3 to 5 participants with the team leader based in the country of the proposed project (Bangladesh, India or Sri Lanka)
*Youth from a range of different disciplines are welcome to apply and there is no prior experience in the field of water is required
- The geographic scope of the project must be located within the vicinity of Brandix plants in Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka respectively
Concept Note template:Concept notes should not be more than 5 pages. The general template for the concept note must include:
- Problem identification (Including geographical Scope)
- Project Design and Outline
- Workplan and Timeline (Gantt Chart)
- Tentative Budget
- Expected outcomes and impacts
Selection Criteria The concept note selection will be done by the panel on the following criteria:
- Concise information on project requirements and implementation plan
- Clear identification of the problem and demonstration of project impact
- Feasibility of the project
An interdisciplinary approach to address the thematic areas of water and its interconnections is preferred
Special consideration and inclusion of gender, youth and indigenous communities are considered as a strong asset
Round 1: Eight concept notes will be selected out of the concept notes submitted on 8 May 2023.
Round 2: The selected four concept notes will receive guidance and support from the subject specialists to refine their concepts into fundable proposals.
Round 3: The winning proposal will be announced in July 2023 and will receive a grant of USD 2,500 for the project implementation with the support of Brandix, GWP SAS and YYPP.
Application Process: The deadline to register your submissions with the concept note is 8 May 2023.
For more information visit this link: South Asia Youth Water Challenge 2023 – GWP
Application link: https://forms.gle/fJpggS2N3eWUmYWL9