Acorn’s 2024 Funding Round is Now Open!

Acorn Funding 2024 Round is Now Open!

Applications for Acorn funding 2024 round are now open! The deadline for applications is May 29, 2024. To register your organization and apply for funding, please visit our website.

Exciting Partnership with Tahua

We are thrilled to announce our partnership with Tahua, a grants management software company based in New Zealand. This collaboration will streamline the application and granting process through an online funding portal. The system will handle Acorn Foundation WBOP applications and Tindall Foundation EBOP funding applications.

How to Apply

To apply for funding, you need to register your organization and provide relevant details. This registration process only needs to be completed once. You will be prompted to check and update your details each year when you submit your funding application.

We will notify you when the funding round opens on April 29, 2024. At that time, you can log in to the portal and complete your funding application. The application will automatically save your progress, and you will receive reminders to complete and submit it before the closing date.

All previous applications will be stored in the portal, allowing you to review your past submissions. Please note that organizations based in the Eastern Bay of Plenty will have a separate application form for the Tindall Foundation.

Eligibility and Contact Information

Charities and community organizations that benefit the Western Bay of Plenty region of New Zealand are eligible to apply. This region includes Waihi Beach, Katikati, Kaimai, Tauranga, Te Puke, Maketu, Paengaora, Pongakawa, and Pukehina. Acorn also distributes funds on behalf of the Tindall Foundation in both the Western BOP and Eastern BOP regions.

If you are unsure whether your organization meets our funding criteria or if you have any questions or issues with the online registration and application process, please contact us at 07 579 9839 or email

As a community foundation, our funding is donor-directed. Approximately 60% of our support is designated for charitable organizations specifically named by our donors. The remaining 40% is available through application and is either allocated to a field of interest area, such as the environment, animal welfare, or youth, or is unrestricted for the benefit of the community.

To apply for funding, please visit our website:

Leave a Comment