The Fondation Merieux’s Small Grants Program is dedicated to supporting projects that address significant public health issues, specifically HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, hepatitis, neglected tropical diseases, and other infectious diseases. These projects are based on a local needs assessment and aim to provide concrete solutions that go beyond education and raising awareness.
Global Approach to Health
The projects supported by the Small Grants Program take a comprehensive approach to health, considering not only the physical aspects but also the social and psychological well-being of the communities involved. By addressing these various aspects, the program aims to make a lasting impact on the overall health conditions of vulnerable populations.
To be eligible for the Small Grants Program, projects must be implemented by local organizations. The projects must be submitted by the local structure responsible for the project. Additionally, the following criteria must be met:
– The organization must have an exclusive mission of public interest related to the fight against infectious diseases affecting vulnerable populations in developing countries, particularly mothers and children.
– The organization or its members should not have been convicted of acts contrary to the principles stated above.
– The organization should not be in bankruptcy or receivership.
– Student associations and individual applications (scholarship projects) are not eligible for this program.
– The organization must have nonprofit and independent management.
– The organization should be registered with the authorities of the country for at least three years.
– The organization must respect and sign the ethical principles outlined in the Mérieux Foundation’s Charter, including transparency, professionalism, quality, independence, non-discrimination, and respect.
– The organization should have the status of an association under the law of 1901 or be recognized as a public utility or have an equivalent status for foreign structures.
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Sao Tome & Principe
For more information on the Fondation Merieux’s Small Grants Program and how to apply, please visit their official
website: Fondation Merieux – Small Grants Program.